It was an absolute honour to be asked to paint these helmets for Romance as part of a huge collaboration with the artist D*Face.
I was commissioned to paint 5 true one-off pieces of art – Specialized Evade helmets fully customised with Romance X D*Face artwork.
All five helmets each sold in less than a minute of going up on sale.
The prolific London-based street art icon D*Face got onboard with Romance to lend his instantly recognisable style usually seen adorning large buildings or gallery walls spanning the globe, and apply for this special project to the canvas of a cycling helmet and cycling cap.
This project supported 5 different charities. Each helmet had one of the following charities assigned to it—The Trussell Trust, Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust, Headway, Centre Point and Access Sport.
100% from the sale of these D*Face X Romance helmets was given to each respectable charity.
- Centre Point, helping to give young homeless people a future. Learn more here: centrepoint.org.uk
- Headway, working towards building a brighter future for brain injury survivors. Learn more here: headway.org.uk
- Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust, the foundation was founded on the premise that inequality must be tackled in all its forms. This includes inequality of access, and of opportunity, wherever it occurs. Learn more here: stephenlawrencetrust.org
- Access Sport, working to directly combat shocking levels of exclusion, hardship and poor health faced by millions of children in the UK Learn more here: accesssport.org.uk
- The Trussell Trust, supporting a nationwide network of food banks providing emergency food and support to people locked in poverty. Learn more here: trusselltrust.org